Friday, November 23, 2018

Campfire skits

Henry has to MC a campfire to get his communications badge. Here are some skits we found.

3 Vs. 1000
Intended for: All Scouts
Required: 3 scouts
Script: This can be done as a story or a skit.

Three scouts limp and stumble onstage. They are soldiers that have just survived a horrific battle.

Ad-libbing the entire conversation works better than memorized lines, but should go something like this...
1: What a battle!
2: What amazing odds! And, to think we survived!
3: Yeah, THREE against A THOUSAND - simply amazing!
1: We never should have attempted it. THREE against A THOUSAND and we're still here to tell about it.
2: That's enough fighting for me. I'm retiring from the army. Fighting THREE against A THOUSAND has completely worn me out.
3: Me too. I think we've made a name for ourselves. THREE against A THOUSAND - I still can't believe it!
1: OK, I'll quit too. You know, those were the toughest THREE guys I've ever fought against!




38 Over the Cliff
Intended for: All Scouts
Required: 2 scouts
Script: Scene: One scout is standing at the top of a high cliff, peering down over the edge.

Scout 1: 38, 38, 38, 38, ...
Scout 2: (walks up behind first scout ) Hey, be careful there! What are you doing?
Scout 1: Take a look! There's 38 of 'em down there!
Scout 2: (peers over the edge) 38? 38 what? I don't see anything.
(Scout 1 gives him a gentle push on the back, just enough to send him over the edge.)
Scout 1: 39, 39, 39, ...



Can of Cola
Intended for: All Scouts
Required: one can of cola
one stool
Script: First scout brings in a stool, puts it down, leaves.

Next scout brings in a can of coka cola, puts it on the stool, leaves.

Next scout opens the can of coke, puts it back on the stool, leaves.

Next scout drinks the whole can of coke, leaves.

Next scout takes the can, leaves.

Next scout takes the stool, leaves.

Next scout comes in, does a really long burp, leaves.




Clean Socks
Intended for: All Scouts
Required: 5 scouts
a pile of socks
Script: Scout #1: (could be a leader instead) Hey, everybody! Our new socks have arrived! Come and get 'em!
[other scouts run onstage and line up to receive socks.]

Scout #1: OK, Johnny, how many socks do you need?
Scout #2: I need 2 pair.
Scout #1: Just two?
Scout #2: Yes, I wear one pair for a week while the other pair is in the dirty wash.
Scout #1: Yuch! Oh well, here you go.

Scout #3: I need 4 pair.
Scout #1: Why 4 pair?
Scout #3: I put on a fresh pair on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
Scout #1: Well, that's better than wearing them a whole week. Here you go.

Scout #4: I need 7 pair.
Scout #1: Great. I bet that's a fresh pair every day, right? [gives the socks]
Scout #4: Right!
Scout #1: That's what I like. A clean scout! Here you go.

Scout #5: 12 pair please!
Scout #1: 12!? Man, you must really be clean. Why 12 pair?
Scout #5: Well, there's January, February, March, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment