Saturday, May 14, 2016

Here are some of the Textbooks we used this school year (2015-2016) Grades 2, 4, 6

According to Google

rou·tine
ro͞oˈtēn/
noun
plural noun: routines
1.
a sequence of actions regularly followed; a fixed program.
"I settled down into a routine of work and sleep"
synonyms: procedure, practice, pattern, drill, regimen



We do not have a routine at our house or during our homeschool day. Things pop up, kids get sick, or hungry (.. or both) and we have to come up with a different plan on the spot. I start each homeschool year with a lesson plan book that I've filled up with the first two months full of wonderful lessons, activities, outings, and other projects. I purchased three on clearance for $1.75 at Lakeshore back in 2014 and I thought it would help me for three years. Well, I'm still using the first book.

Now that its the end of the year, I thought, I'd share what we have been using for the upper grades in our homeschool. I had a totally different plan starting out, so a lot of what we are doing now is what worked and is working for us. I'm almost sad to see summer arriving because the kids now know whats expected of them and they are doing excellent with their schoolwork.

SECOND GRADE
  Open Court reading for Grade 2
  We Live Together for Social Studies Grade 2
   -I only have the teachers manual so we work from this 
  Math is Scott Foresman Grade 2 and this book is great because you can tear out the pages and    schoolwork can be completed anywhere in the house (or outside the house)
   Harcourt Science Grade 2





SIXTH GRADE
  Social Studies is The World past and present for 6th Grade
  enVision Math Grade 6
  Harcourt science Grade 6
  The Language of Literature Grade 6



THIRD GRADE
  Math Connects Grade 4
  Harcourt Science Grade 4
 Social Studies The Maryland Adventure Grade 4
 Open Court Reading Grade 4

No comments:

Post a Comment