Sunday, June 12, 2016

I'm starting to plan for the 2016-2017 home school year

I made a few planning pages to help organize the 2016-2017 school year at our house.

I found a giraffe image through Google search and we like this one over at wallpapercave.com
This will be our schedule. Reading, spelling, handwriting, and grammar will be what we focus on first thing in the day. Math, science, and social studies will be our focus before lunch (after their snack -or second breakfast, as some homeschoolers call it). After lunch, it'll be time for art, music, PE/health and whatever their daily elective is. Isabelle will have computer on Monday, Spanish on Tuesday, cooking Wednesday, and practicing her violin on Thursday. Friday is open so we can head out and have some fun or use it as a make up day if anything was missed due to appointments.



I'll print out 4 of these Curriculum at a glance pages. One for each child. I'll note the chapter and pages or book we'll be using that month. This will be stapled to a page in the front of my planner. I'll be able to see what we move onto next without having to double check each book.




I made this for our electives: Spanish, cooking, computer, and musical instrument.
I'll print four of these- one for each child.
We'll be starting Spanish this year and following a text book. I'll put the chapters and any other information needed for that month in the box.
For cooking, I'm thinking a quick and simple recipe that can contribute to snack, lunch, or dinner- Four per month per child.  Part of cooking is having them shadow Chris or I in the kitchen and see how we use the tools correctly and clean up after ourselves!!!
Computer will consist of learning code or programming. We will be spending this summer figuring out which program they like best.
Music will be lessons and practice, practice, practice.
I added a password section so each kid will have a place to look for a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment