Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Mantra: I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME

Anyone else have kids who want more more more?

Do we really need another video gaming system?

Do we really need another TV?

The kids are home with me all day. They have a pretty good life -they don't have to sit at a desk for hours everyday. There's no restrictions on bathroom use. The kitchen is always open. And sometimes, we go shopping during the day, so they can get out and about, and enjoy the community.

When we're out shopping I will get asked, at least once, "can I have this??"

The answer is usually, "No!"

I'm at the point now where I tell the kids to look around on the ground for monies people have dropped.

I often tell them to repeat in their minds: I don't need money, money needs me!
**This also works great late at night when they can't sleep, so they are thinking about all the things in the world they need to purchase to make their lives better.

This week we're going to do some spring cleaning. We have tons of toys, games, and books that the kids don't even bother with. They are glued to their tablets every chance they get.

If you've been following us on YouTube (Ader Family Homeschoolers) you'll know we're reading 365 books, all the books we've read are going to be donated back to the Baltimore Book Thing.

Repeat after me:
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME 
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME
 I DON'T NEED MONEY, MONEY NEEDS ME

No comments:

Post a Comment