Friday, December 8, 2017

250 Advent Calendar Ideas



We have an Advent calendar with empty pockets this year. We used to have a snowman who jumped from day to day. I cannot find him this year. I decided to print out ideas to fold into the empty pockets of the calendar.

Looking around online, I noticed a lot of awesome DIY Advent calendar ideas and suggestions for the days. I really like the photo challenges. My kids have access to phones with cameras so it's something they can participate in. I also like the holiday poems idea. Reading books of Christmases of long ago, when kids were ecstatic to have a new pair of mittens and a peppermint stick.

We aren't sheltered from the world, Nintendo Switch, slime glues, bikes, hoverboards, rip board, my kids want it all.  I don't fault them for that. Kids will be kids.

Advent Calendars were first used by German Lutherans to count down the days until Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment