Monday, June 5, 2017

10 quick and easy dinners

A list of 10 QUICK AND EASY MEALS

1. PANCAKES
Breakfast for dinner is quick, easy, and yummy!

I added food coloring to make rainbow pancakes.




2. SANDWICHES

We love all kinds of sandwiches. I have lots of peanut butter and jelly's frozen in the freezer. We always have lunchmeat or pepperoni on hand.

Lillian is eating a peanut butter and banana snowman sandwich with chocolate chip eyes.



3. CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
Do you always feed your family chicken nuggets? We only get them at McDonald's. My husbands favorite breakfast is fried chicken and waffles. You can buy chicken breast meat that has been flash frozen and cooks from frozen. It' usually in the freezer aisle in a bag.


4. PIZZA
I've been purchasing artisan roll out pizza dough from the refrigerated pizza section near the cheese at our local grocery store. My oldest daughter loves making these. A lot of frozen pizzas are meat or plain cheese, not many variations.  Buying our own dough we can customize it. 



5. SALAD 
Toss any leftover meats with some greens and veggies. I made this strawberry spinach salad in 5 minutes, as the leftover steak heated up in the skillet. Cut up one red onion, last of the bag of fresh spinach, last of the strawberries (sliced), and some walnuts. Found a bottle of creamy poppyseed dressing, I poured the last of it on top and tossed, this was a delicious dinner.



6.VEGGIE FRITTERS
When you have tons of produce you can shred a bunch of veggies together, add some flour, and fry up in coconut oil. Add some sour cream if you have any. 
Zucchini and carrot fritters. 




7. FISH
We love fish. I really only make it two ways, citrus bake or breadcrumb bake.
Fish is easy to thaw under running water, or bake from frozen. I usually bake from frozen, so if I forget about it, it's not too done when I remember it.
Citrus bake- bed of spinach in pan, lay fish on top, salt, pepper, lemon slices
Breadcrumb bake- sprinkle some breadcrumbs in the bottom of a pan, spread mayo on both sides of the fish, place in pan, add parmesan cheese to the tops of the fish, cover cheese with more breadcrumbs.




8. PIEROGIES or GNOCCHI
If you like potatoes you'll love pierogies or gnocchi. A few minutes in boiling water and you're good to go!



9. LASAGNA
I make a quick and easy zucchini lasagna. You don't have to wait for noodles to boil. You slice the zucchini lengthwise cover in tomato sauce, cheese, and add another layer. 30 minutes in the oven for the cheeses to melt.



10. EGG ROLL IN A BOWL
If I know we have a lot coming up, I'll buy a bag of coleslaw mix- cabbage and carrots. I'll cook up some ground pork, dump the bag of coleslaw in, add minced garlic, onion, sesame oil, and let it cook down. My kids love adding duck sauce on top.










No comments:

Post a Comment