Thursday, May 9, 2019

Toshiba Fire TV stuck on language screen / storage is full

Toshiba 50-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR - Fire TV Edition

My TV kept saying low storage so I'd delete the data and cache. Eventually, it was alerting me every 25 minutes that I was critically low on storage. I tried to reset my TV back to the factory setting only to have the TV frozen on the - select your language screen. I was not able to select a language. I changed the batteries on my remote and unplugged the TV for 30 seconds.

Nothing was working!! I looked online and found a solution! Return the TV to Amazon because it's worthless!

The comments on Amazon were full of rage and people with similar complaints!

I did find a winning answer in Best Buy's review section.

 If you're able to just turn on and off the TV, try this: Unplug the TV from the power outlet, press the physical power button on the TV, and plug it back in. Remove the batteries from the remote, press all the buttons on the remote thrice, and then place the batteries back in. Turn on again the TV and when having the choose your language screen, press the home button on the remote for 15-60 seconds, even more, you gotta have sound coming from the TV that indicates that the remote has been paired 

I unplugged the TV for 10 minutes. I removed the batteries from the remote. Hit EVERY button 3 (Three) times and replaced the batteries. I plugged the TV back in and turned it on using the remote. When the select your language screen appeared I held down the home button for 60 seconds, the TV made a digital beep noise and I hit select. I was able to select English as my language and finish setting up the TV.

I also went onto my Amazon account via my laptop and delete 10 pages of apps. 

Once I reloaded Hulu and Netflix I noticed I still had a lot of space available in storage.

I hope this helps!

xomaaaami

Need a new remote?




Would you like another TV?






Fire TV experience built-in - Fire TV Edition brings together live-over-the-air TV, and your favorite streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch live over-the-air TV, or stream movies and shows from Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, and more.
Dolby Vision HDR - Enhanced 4K HDR picture with an expanded range of contrast and superior brightness.
True-to-life picture quality - Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and vivid colors. Watch movies and TV shows come to life in ultra-high definition.
Voice Remote with Alexa - Everything you'd expect from a remote - plus launch apps, search for TV shows, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and more, using just your voice. With Prime Video, Netflix, HBO, and PlayStation Vue buttons, instantly access your favorite apps.
Keeps getting smarter - This TV is smart and simple in every way. Just plug it in, connect to Wi-Fi and enjoy. Plus, your TV keeps getting smarter with new Alexa skills and features through automatic over-the-air software updates, so that you always have the latest.

The TV does factory default to start/turn on at the Amazon Fire home screen, but THERE *IS* A DISPLAY SETTING for you to set the TV to turn on/start at the last input/channel you were on when you turned the TV off last.
Settings > Display & Sounds > Power On > Last Input.




If you're ready to cut the cord with cable companies and really only watch Hulu or Netflix this antenna works great with our TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment