Friday, November 18, 2016

I'm thinking of bringing a few vintage recipes to Thanksgiving

Image result for vintage recipe


I was thinking of making some vintage recipes to take next week to Thanksgiving dinner. I did a quick google search of vintage recipes and I was not disappointed! Many different kinds of cookies, cakes, puddings, and canned seafood recipes.
My mom would usually make a recipe she saw in a magazine. A few times I have made recipes from magazines. I don't really get magazines anymore and I'm usually on the internet looking up one specific ingredient and what recipe I can come up with.
I added a few photos of some interesting ones. Not going to promise to ever make the crab and grapefruit cocktail, but I'm guessing, somewhere someone made this and loves it for it to make it onto the internet.
The tomato soup recipe reminds me of being a kid. My dad would heat up a can of soup and we'd eat it with saltines. I usually make my kids grilled cheese, but this would be a new twist for them.
The Honey Spice Cake sounds delicious and as soon as I'm ready to make a cake, that'll be the next one I make.
I will post this and continue my search. I'm actually enjoying these photos of recipes. I love when they have writing on them.. tried and true makes me feel better when I make something new.



Image result for canned citrus  Image result for vintage recipeImage result for vintage recipe
Related image Related imageImage result for vintage recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment