Thursday, November 24, 2016

THANKSGIVING TRADITIONS crab cakes

In the last few years the guest list for our Thanksgiving dinners are getting smaller and smaller. We have family members who move a great distance away. And some that have been called home to heaven. More and more it's becoming apparent that, we're all we have in this world.

This Thanksgiving will fall between my Step-Dad's birthday and my sister's birthday. He is no longer with us. He'll be celebrating his second birthday in heaven. We miss him. And just like last Thanksgiving, I'm sure we'll reminisce and fill our hearts with his love and laughter. I'm making crabcakes. He loved crabcakes, and so do I! 

I think that's going to be the tradition my little Baltimore kids will carry on for the rest of their lives. Crabcakes are delicious. If you have a shellfish allergy, please don't make this recipe

You can broil or fry your crab cake
I like mine fried and crispy at home and broiled in restaurants


Crab cake mixture

1 pound of crab meat
1 egg
2 tbsp mayo
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 tbsp old bay
handful of parsley
hot sauce to taste
salt and pepper to taste

beat together egg, mustard, old bay, mayo and hot sauce
mix crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper

form your patties
you can put them on a slightly greased muffin baking pan or fry them in cooking oil

Image result for fried crab cake recipe Image result for crab cake recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment