Sunday, October 29, 2017

Halloween Music Lesson for Homeschoolers

We're going to use the keyboard for today's music lesson.

Let's review the following dynamics:

ppp – pianississimo – very, very soft as possible

pp – pianissimo – very soft

p– piano – very soft

mp– medium soft

mf– mezzo forte – medium loud

f- loud

ff– fortissimo-- very loudly; louder than forte, but softer than fortississimo

fff– fortississimo -- loudly as possible


Questions to ask ourselves: How do changes in volume make the music more interesting?  How can changes in volume make our telling of stories more interesting?

Scary Dynamics Story:

ppp – it’s dark in my room and it’s late at night

it’s the first time I’m sleeping without my light

pp – there is something downstairs, it’s in the hall
well maybe it’s nothing … nothing at all…

p- But there it is again at the foot of the stair.
there’s something in the house! I know it is there!

mp- It could be that tiger I saw on T.V
It’s coming up the stairs to gobble me up!

mf – Maybe it’s a lion or a big black bear.
I can hear its footsteps at the top of the stair

f- Closer and closer now, it’s coming to my room.
Maybe it’s a vampire who escaped from his tomb!

ff- It’s turning my doorknob, it’s opening up my door.
What if it’s a dragon? (Maybe two or three or four!)

fff- It’s coming in my room. Oh, what will I do!?!?!

fff-mp OOOOOoooooooooooo… Hello, Mother…it’s only you!

No comments:

Post a Comment