Monday, October 23, 2017

10 Free Halloween Worksheet Activities from TpT


Your students will love this fun and engaging Halloween writing activity that will have them rolling story element dice (setting, character, obstacle, and a story starter) to create a random set of story components. Once students have their story components, they’ll plan and write a spooky story as they combine each element into an entertaining writing piece. Perfect for a Halloween lesson, Halloween activity or any time of the year!

This activity taps into students’ natural love of scary stories while helping them develop critical writing skills. Using the guided Pre-Write in this resource, students will note their story elements, develop characters, establish a setting, outline a plot, and brainstorm sensory descriptions to amp up the fear factor in their writing. Then, students will let their creativity guide them as they write their own spooky stories complete with a creepy setting, scary characters, and a twist or surprise at the end. The hardest part of this lesson is deciding who can share their story first. Your students will be jumping out of their seats to share their writing (and spook) their peers.

This Spooky Story Writing Resource includes…
• Detailed Lesson Plan
• Sample Spooky Story (to read aloud to the class)
• Step-by-Step Pre-Write Guide
• Spooky Writing Paper
• Setting Cube
• Character Cube
• Obstacle Cube
• Story Starter Cube

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/FreeDownload/Spooky-Story-Writing-Halloween-Writing-Activity-1435020



Halloween Character Traits
This Halloween character trait activity involves students using Halloween costumes as clues to character traits. For example, someone who dresses like a clown for Halloween may be fun-loving or creative.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Halloween-Costumes-Character-Traits-354560


Using Mental Math

This is a great little sheet to help 2nd and 3rd graders practice adding and subtracting multi-digit problems, while 4th and 5th graders can sharpen their mental math skills.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Halloween-Owl-Math-Worksheet-FREE-332777



Mental Math Worksheet

Your students will adore these Halloween Color Your Answer worksheets while learning and reviewing important skills at the same time! You will love the no prep, print and go ease of these printables. As always, answer keys are included. ONE Free Halloween Color By Numbers Basic Addition Facts - Color Your Answers Printable to Color By Code. Answer Key Included, perfect for a sub day!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Color-By-Numbers-Halloween-Addition-Facts-Freebie-1490273



Spooky Speech Activity

Included in the document:
Word lists for R, S, Z, L, Sh, Ch, J, F, V, T, D, K, and G
Spooky Speech Spell - students use words from their lists to write a "spell" and practice saying it for carry-over practice.
Potent Potion - A MadLib style page where students use words from their lists to fill in blanks to a potion in their cauldron.
Halloween Scream Scene - Students draw a scene which includes words from their list.
"Boo"go - Bingo board template that can be filled out using any sound(s).


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spooky-Speech-Halloween-Articulation-Word-Lists-and-Activities-372036





Point of View (POV)

This free worksheet packet contains four passages. After students read each passage, they must determine whether the passage was written in first person, second person, third person limited, or third person omniscient.


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Point-of-View-FREEBIE-for-Halloween-1st-Person-2nd-Person-3rd-Person-L-O-1477299



Inference Riddles

1 sheet, 6 riddles

Directions: Solve the riddles by making inferences about the clues.

Riddle #1:
I am the color of darkness.
Some people say I’m bad luck.
Others say I have nine lives.
Witches keep me as their pet.
What am I?

Riddle #2:
I’m creepy.
I love to crawl around.
I have eight legs.
I trap bugs and eat them.
What am I?

Riddle #3:
I am part man and part monster.
I have a great sense of smell.
I love the full moon.
I howl at the night sky.
What am I?

Riddle #4:
I have no reflection.
I have no heartbeat.
I sleep during the day.
I drink blood at night.
What am I?

Riddle #5:
I’m a dead man walking.
I smell pretty bad.
I don’t walk very fast.
I’m all wrapped up.
What am I?

Riddle #6:
I am a monster created by man.
I have green skin.
I have bolts in my neck.
My friends call me Frank.
Who am I?


Answers:
1. a black cat
2. a spider
3. a werewolf
4. a vampire
5. a mummy
6. Frankenstein


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spooky-Inference-Riddles-2-Halloween-Printable-for-ELA-369655



Halloween Fortunes for Speech Therapy

Origami Halloween fortune tellers are a HUGE hit with my students! I send these home as homework, and my students are always so excited about this assignment! This is a sample articulation fortune teller with 8 vocalic /r/ fortunes. Instructions for folding are included.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Halloween-Fortunes-for-Speech-Therapy-389992





Halloween Jokes

This book is a fun way to celebrate Halloween! Send your students home with a book full of Halloween jokes that they can share with their families!


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/My-Little-Book-of-Halloween-Jokes-163178





Halloween Mystery Brew

This is a two page file for a special Halloween science snack. Run the two pages back to back to make a lab report. Students make a sprite/sherbet float and observe how solids can turn to liquids.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Halloween-Mystery-BrewA-Matter-Investigation-382834





























No comments:

Post a Comment