Thursday, December 27, 2018

Ye Toop Doram


I have a ball, a round ball
It is red, white and blue
When I hit it, it rises into the air
You don't know to where it rises!
I didn't have this ball
I did my homework well
Then my dad gave me a prize:
A round ball!




Ye Toop Doram is a children's singing game from West Afghanistan. This circle game includes singing and rolling balls to tag the student in the middle.





Children's Song

Children's Song

(Persian)






Toop

Ye toop daram ghel ghelie
Sorkh o sefid o abie
Mizanam zamin hava mire
Nemidooni ta koja mire!
Man in toopo nadashtam
Mashghamo khoob neveshtam
Babam behem eydi dad
Ye tope ghel gheli dad!

"kh" is a velar sound, like Spanish "j" or Scottish "ch" in "loch"
"gh" is a voiced velar sound, the one made when gargling.

This song is also sung in Afghanistan.

https://www.mamalisa.com/?t=es&p=908

No comments:

Post a Comment