Thursday, December 8, 2016

Eggroll in a bowl recipe

EGG ROLL IN A BOWL


EGG ROLL IN A BOWL
My family loves when I make egg roll in a bowl for meals. My kids love chinese food and going out to eat. It usually costs 50 bucks for all 6 of us when we go to the restaurant. 

Egg roll in a bowl recipes are all over the internet. I just add as I go nowadays. A splash of this and a dash of that is my cooking style. 


Here's my usual recipe

one head of cabbage
cut this up into thin and long shredded like cuts

two large carrots 
diced up or shredded

about 2 tablespoons of sesame oil *** must use this.. makes the whole meal
minced garlic 
1 to 2 tablespoon

diced onion 
one small or medium onion

soy sauce
1 tablespoon

Pepper
to taste

grated or ground ginger
1.5 teaspoon


Cook the meat until browned. Drain any fat
over medium heat add onion and carrots

once the heat is up add the shredded cabbage
cover and cook for 6-8 mins 

in a bowl add garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ginger mix well

Uncover and add garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, and ginger.

Stir as best you can without making a huge mess! 

Cover and cook until your preferred doneness. I usually cook it about 5 minutes longer. 

Keep an eye on the pan and continue to stir so that the cabbage and meat on the bottom of the pan doesn't burn. You can even lower the heat.

My kids love to add duck sauce in top and it tastes just like an egg roll we'd get with our meal at the Lucky Inn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment