Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

                                 Image result for merry christmas




Christmas Day Breakfast

Christmas Morning Breakfast

Christmas morning is always the best part of the whole day. You awaken with exhausted excitement and run to the tree. You get a huge smile while checking out the goodies. Next, you try to wake up mom and dad. 
Here at my house, once the gifts are opened and the stockings are emptied everyone hangs out here in the living room waiting for me to fully wake up and make breakfast. 
If they get an awesome outfit they run to their room to try it on. If someone gets an awesome toy you immediately open it and they start playing. 
My issue is, what are you supposed to do for the rest of today? A lot of people don't celebrate Christmas. They already know what they're going to do, life goes on as normal. 
In our house Dad doesn't open his gifts all at once. He has huge self control and only opens one gift every hour to make the excitement last longer. Kids and me not so much!

I found a few games online you can make to play as a family that are christmas themed. You can play Pin the red nose on the Reindeer, go on a reindeer or santa hunt (just print out several photos and hide them around your yard), you can even fill up some tiny boxes with mini marshmallows and venture outside to look for things that dropped from Santa's sled. 

When my kids were little they'd get a movie and we'd spend the day watching the movie over and over. Now that I have tweens, I know, I'm going to have to put in more effort of presenting them with things to do as a family before they get the urge to log on to Roblox or Minecraft. 


Christmas Games







No comments:

Post a Comment