Saturday, September 10, 2016

Field Trip Friday to the OATLANDS!!

The Oatlands Mansion and Garden was a great field trip. It was a super hot day. If I had to change anything it would be that. Too hot!
They had a Historic Homeschool Day. We pulled up to a parking lot full of minivans and I said to the kids, this is definitely it!
Homeschool History Days 2016



Mark your calendars!  Oatlands is opening our doors, gardens and grounds for a day designed specially for homeschooling families.  Oatlands Homeschool History Days offers a unique experience for your whole family.  Come join us for a fun-filled and educational day!

Friday, September 9, 2016

10:00 am to 3:00 pm

$5.00 per person, children under 3 free

Take a guided tour of Oatlands trees
(available at 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00 and 2:00)
Tour lasts 30 minutes
Meet at the Carriage House 5 minutes before the tour begins
Hear about the enslaved community and tour the c. 1810 Greenhouse
(available at 10:45, 11:45, 12:45 and 1:45)
Tour lasts 20 minutes
Meet at the Greenhouse 5 minutes before the tour begins
Play with old fashioned toys (available all day)
Experience chores from long ago (available all day)
Explore the 4 acres of gardens with a special scavenger hunt hand-out (available all day)
Event map and garden scavenger hunt available for pick up in the gift shop when you purchase tickets
Mansion tours are an additional cost

Available on the hour starting at 10:00 am with the last tour of the day at 4:00 pm
Purchase tickets in the Carriage House at least 10 minutes before tour time
$6.00 per person
Tour may not be appropriate for very young visitors
No food or drink allowed in mansion
Guests must climb a few stairs to enter mansion for the tour

Oatlands Historic House and Gardens
20850 Oatlands Plantation Lane · Leesburg, VA 20175
Tel: 703.777.3174 · FAX: 703.777.4427· www.oatlands.org

The tour of the mansion was $8 a person@ 5 of us went.. come to ($40) and with the $5 per person ($25) total the trip was $65. At first, the lady rang us up the non-discount price and said $80. I instantly replied, "I'm not buying the mansion." (I just can't turn it off! :)
Definitely spent more than I was hoping for, but I had exactly that much cash. I was hoping the mansion would be less like the flyer said $6 but the lady charged me $8, the price wasn't listed correctly on the information I saw. I guess, they don't want my little kids crying and messing things up during the mansion tour.

I think that video will be posting on the 15th of September over on the youtube page. I'll embed the video when it goes live.





I am going to share some photos. The garden was all I hoped it would be! Kids frolicing in the garden and dancing in water sprinklers on a hot day, how more awesome could a field trip get!






back to school photo






























No comments:

Post a Comment