Thursday, July 28, 2016

5 ways to Practice Gratitude (especially at times when you're not feeling very grateful)

I want to dedicate this post to my children. I don't want anyone to ever tell them they are ungrateful.


 

I love, when I make something yummy for dinner and they all say, "Thank you Mom!! You're the best Mom ever!", as many times as they can. But, that's usually the only time of day I hear it. Now and then I'll hear it when they are searching through the laundry for a clean shirt and their favorite shirt is clean or I make them take a shower before bed, because I know it will help relax and calm them before bed.

Gratitude brings me happiness, joy, and enthusiasm. I am happy, that I provided a yummy meal. I feel joy, It surrounds my heart knowing the children appreciate my efforts. And I am enthused, to come up with other meals that make their bellies satisfied and full.

This 2016-2017 homeschool year, I propose that we, as a family, choose gratitude over grumbling. Gratitude attracts more reasons to be grateful. We will be grateful for what we have and trust that it is enough.

This coming school year we are going to have journal days. I found this pic on Pinterest. I think this will be a perfect starting point for us.
52-week gratitude challenge @ EstherandJacob.com

Research by UC Davis psychologist Robert Emmons, author of Thanks!: How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier, shows that simply keeping a gratitude journal and regularly writing brief reflections on moments for which we’re thankful, can significantly increase our well-being and life satisfaction.

I found the book on Amazon and here's my AA link



I'm hoping to use everyones responses and make a gratitude jar for our house. Its great to have visual reminders.


Ways to practice gratitude
1. Notice new things each day
2. Smile more often
3. Spend quality time with loved ones
4. See growth and opportunity in your mistakes
5. Focus on our strengths



Be the change you want to see in the world by making gratitude a part of each day. If we all practice gratitude more regularly, the world will be a better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment