Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Reading to (or with) your child everyday

Wonderful meme                    Image result for books we read

This year we are going to challenge ourselves: read 1 book a month together out loud. Lillian gets the benefit of being read to and following along with her imagination. Meanwhile, the other three will, unbeknownst to them, get some public speaking experience. They'll put all those phonics games and worksheets from the previous years into play.

I made up a Reading Log to help keep track of independent reading. Earlier in the month, I posted a Book Review worksheet these two should match up at the end of the school term.

read for 20 mins a day
Reading Log
Lillian's reading log area only has three spaces. She will be doing a lot of her reading with me and I don't want to make her feel overwhelmed or pressured to complete four books a month. If it becomes easy for her, I will update my form. I already printed three of these and stapled them into my planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment